The New York City Department of Education has denied Sacred Heart Catholic Academy’s proposal for a new contract to offer free pre-kindergarten services to families in Glendale and the surrounding communities. Our Academy has had this program in place for the past five years, and the future of our school depends on having it!
We are encouraging our SHCA families to write to the people mentioned below urging them to get involved in our efforts to get the DOE to reverse this horrible decision. Rather than provide a form letter, we ask that you speak from your hearts as well as any experience you might have had being a part of our PreK program. You can mention the importance of our program to the community and what we have to offer to the families of Sacred Heart.
Thank you so much for your support. The teachers, staff, and administration appreciate you and we all hope that we can have this grievous wrong made right.
- Senator Joseph P. Addabbo: email@example.com
- Donovan Richards, Queens Borough President: RichardsforQueens@gmail.com
- Councilman Robert F. Holden: District30@council.nyc.gov
- Congresswoman Grace Meng: https://meng.house.gov/contact/email-me (Enter zip code 11385-7818.)
- Assemblyman Andrew Hevesi: https://nyassembly.gov/mem/Andrew-Hevesi/contact/
- City Council Speaker Corey Johnson: SpeakerJohnson@council.nyc.gov
- Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie: Speaker@nyassembly.gov
- NY Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart Cousins: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh Wallack, DOE Deputy Superintendent of Early Childhood: email@example.com